What is there to do in Folsom during the fall? As the weather cools a bit and the leaves begin to change, Folsom offers plenty of activities for the entire family to enjoy. From music festivals to seasonally spooky specials, these Folsom fall events are sure to please.
Folsom Americana Fest
Various Dates: September - October
The final stretch of Folsom Americana Fest is on the horizon with two free performances at the Zittel Family Amphitheater — including an epic local Battle of the Bands in September — and one final ticketed event at Dan Russell Rodeo Arena in October.
Zittel Family Amphitheater - Free Events
- September 16, 2022: Young Artists Battle of the Bands, Pt. 2
- September 17, 2022: Buck Ford Band
Dan Russell Rodeo Arena - Ticketed Event
- October 22, 2022: Final Americana Fest Concert featuring Texas Hill
October's final Americana Fest concert is headlined by country artist Texas Hill, with performances by John Carter Cash, son of Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash, and Carter Family member Lorrie Carter Bennett, with additional artists:
- Dirty Cello
- Ronnie Williams
- Elvis Cantu
- Granite City Ramblers
- Battle of the Bands Winner
Folsom Americana Fest is a celebration of blues, folk, and country music presented by Wildwood Performing Arts.
Old West Fest
September 24, 2022
Take a tour back in time with Folsom's Old West Fest and celebrate our Old West origins during this free family event. Enjoy music, skits performed by the Old West Legends, kids activities, John Wayne movie classics, local vendors, and more. The fun begins at the Zittel Family Amphitheater and then continues up and down Sutter Street. Free parking is available in the Public Parking Garage located at 905 Leidesdorff St.
- Historical reenactors including John Wayne, Buffalo Bill Cody, Wild Bill Hickock, Virgil Earp, maybe Wyatt Earp, Annie Oakley, Calamity Jane, and more at Zittel Family Amphitheater
- "Way out West" performances at the Sutter Street Theater
- Music intermixed throughout the day
- Western skits performed by the Old West Legends
- Square dance exhibition, line dancing class and audience participation
- John Wayne movie classics showing at the Gaslight Co. (718 Sutter St) throughout the day
- Fun activities for kids - costume contest and lassoing bulls horns
- Local vendors to visit
Fall Concert Series
Various Dates October - November
Bring the family out for a fun afternoon of music at the Zittel Family Amphitheater Sundays in October and November for Folsom’s Fall Concert Series!
Bring lawn chairs and get ready to dance to these amazing musical guests:
Spirits Brews and Bites
Get into the Halloween spirit, grown-up style. Local breweries and distilleries will bring plenty of “spirits'' to tattoo shops, balconies, and back patios of businesses and locations throughout the Historic Folsom District, including the Escape Room and blacksmith shop.
Wear your favorite costume and participate in the costume contest, listen to live music, and enjoy a spirited good time!
This is a ticketed event. Get more details as the event date approaches at Spirits Brews and Bites.
Soap Box Derby Days
October 22 and 23, 2022
A two-day event for kids and families, Soap Box Derby Days brings a classic soap box derby race to Folsom. Driver check-in starts at 8am. Families can watch the race festivities from 12pm - 3pm, followed by an awards ceremony at the amphitheater.
Find sign-up information and the official race day schedule at Soap Box Derby Days.
Trick or Treat FestiFall
Have a spooktacular good time Trick or Treating throughout the Historic District. This safe and fun family event is a perfect way to get treats and enjoy bounce houses, games, prizes, and more from 1pm - 4 pm.
- Trick or Treating with all participating merchants on Sutter Street.
- Jump Houses, Games, Prizes, and more! At the Sutter St & Wool St lot.
Trick or Treat FestiFall is sponsored by Bayside Folsom and The Folsom Historic District Association.
Enjoy Fall Events in Folsom, CA
For locals and visitors alike, Folsom's fall lineup of events has something for all ages. Enjoy all that Folsom has to offer, from music festivals to beer festivals, and Halloween fun for everyone. Which fall event will you add to your calendar?